Q. Why should I donate to the Estuarium?
A. Perhaps it’s best to think of it as an investment in the future health and vitality of a unique natural, cultural, social and economic resource. Stewardship of a resource is dependent on an understanding of its place in the lives of those who share and are responsible for it. It is conveying that knowledge and sense of stewardship that is central to the mission of the Lowcountry Estuarium.
Every dollar invested goes toward fulfilling the Estuarium’s mission. There currently is no paid staff or rent to pay but there are ongoing expenses which include:
- Printing educational material and flyers
- Phone and internet
- Equipment maintenance and replacement
- Organization dues and fees
- Conference and symposium fees
- Accounting fees
Major, for us, expenditures now being incurred or planned include:
- Video equipment upgrade
- Streaming video to classroom and general public capability