Building upon its strong record of community service and solid reputation for innovative and entertaining educational and recreational offerings within the area’s education, residential and tourism communities; the Estuarium is now evolving in ways that will allow it to fulfill the promise that has been twenty years in the making. It is the promise of a state-of-the-art aquarium facility and permanent home on the shores of Battery Creek in Port Royal that is in the balance. The Board of Directors of the Lowcountry Estuarium extends an open invitation to any and all wishing to take part in the ongoing effort to one day reach that ultimate goal.
If you have a special skill that matches the needs of the Lowcountry Estuarium and are looking for a way to become more involved with the community and coastal issues affecting the community, we a variety of volunteer opportunities to offer.
If you are interested in becoming a Lowcountry Estuarium volunteer, please just call 843-524-6600 or 843-263-7969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention all the activities you are interested in:
- School classroom and field program presenters
- Membership/Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising Events Planner
- Corporate and Business Sponsorship Recruiter
- Communications Specialist – Quarterly Newsletter and Public Relations
- Excel Accounting Skills
- Long-range Planning and Capital Campaign
- Service on the Board of Directors